Archive for March, 2012
Or, how to not waste your hard drive space when you’ve got dropbox installed on two OSes on the same drive.
It’s 1:30am, I’ve been working on this for the last few hours (and got afair bit of stuf done), but i can’t wrap my head around this last problem.
Because I’ve encountered some problems, and found ways around them, but never documented them. I’m doing that now. Read the rest of this entry »
In anticipation of signing up for fiber internet service at the next IT show (tomorrow!), I upgraded the two WRT54GL routers that provide internet access to the house with an IPv6 ready build of Tomato.
The build’s called Toastman, and finding the correct version wasn’t trivial, but I’ve got DHCPv6 related stuff appearing in Windows 7 now, so it looks fine.
Of course, the ultimate question will be “does it work once the new fiber is set up?” A question which is probably up to the ISP more than anything else.
I’m adding stuff to my Sta.sh plugin for Lightroom, just because I can. (And while I wait for the Sta.sh API to stabilize.)
- Auto-updating to the latest version
- Debug logging & submission of logs
- Usage tracking
- New Sta.sh API features (Like folder renaming, except it’s broken as of when I write this post.)
So for the auto-update stuff, I was looking for some documentation of just how to get a check-box to show up in the plugin manager, so I can give the user the option of auto-updates.
Haven’t found it yet – what little I’ve found says I should have a file named “PluginManager.lua”, which there seems to be no documentation of on Adobe’s site (or anywhere else, annoyingly.), and the only reference I’ve found is code.google.com/p/gallerysync/source/browse/trunk/GallerySync.lrdevplugin/InfoProvider.lua?r=2 . Oh hey, most of it’s in the SDK Guide, not in the sample code
But what I did find was www.assembla.com/spaces/lrdevplugin/wiki – which seems to be a collection of notes on Lightroom plugin creation, as well as an interesting development setups. (And a plugin framework, just for good measure – but if I want to use it is another question altogether.)
The dev environment in question is this one: www.assembla.com/spaces/lrdevplugin/wiki/%28Mac-Win%29_IntelliJ_and_LUA
I couldn’t be bothered to download and compile the Lua source, so I just used the LuaforWindows binary from here: (Not using the newly released 5.2.0, because I’m not sure Lightroom would accept it.)
And because I use GitHub, not SVN, the build.xml file that was provided had to be modified. to use Git. I found an answer in a relevant StackOverflow question to use instead of the SVN revision code as specified. (Grab my revisions from github here.)
However, Ant needs the Java SDK to run – which I didn’t have, so off to download that too.
Once downloaded and installed, Ant still failed with “JDK not found”. I had to add the JDK to the project, then select it in the Ant Build panel, and only then did it run successfully.