Xen on Fedora
I’m intending on adding a section on installing Xen on Fedora (and other distros) to the Xen wiki. Draft work in progress is kept here as a backup, but also as a reference.
Ideally, I’d replace this: wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/Fedora13Xen4Tutorial
I personally find the current page… unwieldy at best, with all the really long sections. Though that could just be the wiki software.
Update, Oct 22nd edition: I’ll be doing this for Fedora 16 now. It comes with Xen support backed into the kernel, and the Xen tools are built as RPMs too.
- Installing Fedora 14, Configured for Xen
- Getting Xen onto Fedora
- Installing Xen with Yum
- Downloading prebuilt Xen RPMs
- Compiling Xen from source
- Getting a compatible Kernel
- Download prebuilt Kernel RPMs
- Compiling Kernel from source
- Setting up to boot Xen
- Making sure Xen works
- Managing Xen
- Network interfaces
- Graphical Console (virt-manager)
- X11 forwarding
- Installing a Fedora/CentOS/RHEL VM
- Installing an other Linux distro
- Example of Ubuntu