Archive for January, 2013
So… The Marmalade promotion is ending in a few hours. I’m still waiting for my app to get approved through QA, so we’ll see what happens. Cutting it a bit close, but that’s life. Mainly because my workaround for Marmalade Web not working was to use WebWorks, which… I was only recently told didn’t actually […]
Edit: Everything below is pretty much superseded by a new post. php-fpm: /var/lib/php/session was owned by root:apache, so php-fpm couldn’t create session files. Fix was chgrp nginx /var/lib/php/session. For some reason, after doing yum update, /var/lib/php/session was changed back to root:apache, but that was only noticed on one system so far, haven’t observed it on others, but […]
I went to an outdoor music festival thing (Igloo Fest) in Montreal today, on the recommendation of a friend. I almost didn’t go. But I’m glad I did. It was kind of amusing. They had a fire, and people were giving out marshmallows on sticks, so I grabbed one and toasted it. And as I […]
“Origin null is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin” was the error I was getting when looking at a local html/JS powered page on my desktop, and I tried to do a getJSON request in jQuery. It’s a well known problem – but also quite annoying, mainly because the fixes were generally of the form “change your […]
As part of the Blackberry Playbook promo, I have to publish an app on the BlackBerry App World store. Ripple was somewhat easy to get up and running. Except for the fact that it didn’t like the launch on Playbook option – it was checking some variable that wasn’t set, so it ended up trying […]
Because I’ve had to do it a number of times, and had to look it up each time: Create the repo on github On the desktop/laptop/whatever, in Git Bash, change to the folder with the repo Run: git remote add origin [email protected]:username/repo.git, then git branch –set-upstream master origin/master and finally git pull And done.