Posts Tagged python
Before I found the –keep-until-expiring option in the Let’s Encrypt command line client, I was thinking I’d have to parse the cert, extract the expiry date, then check it against the current date before returning True or False. Thankfully I found the much easier option, but I decided to post the code I wrote to […]
Because I’ve started a bunch of posts, haven’t finished them, don’t really want to delete them but stuff looks potentially useful, and I’m clearing stuff out.
I’ll be doing a fair amount of work in Python in the next few months, so I decided to sit down and get a good dev environment going. First on my laptop (32 bit is easier to deal with), then on my desktop. So I’ll be doing 3 things: Getting Git setup Getting Git working […]
Currently, as part of my file deduper, I’m opening images, copying the image data to a new file, and saving that file.This is done using the Python Imaging Module, or PIL. I’m actively using an updated fork of it called pillow. However, I’ve since discovered pyexiv2, something that says it allows the “access of … […]
Today I got to work with something I’ve been meaning to for a while – Image processing with Python, in particular the PIL/Pillow library. (Pillow’s a forked, more up to date version of PIL, and it’s in PyPi.) So about 30 minutes after planning and googling and reading the docs, I have a first version […]
Problems I’ve faced & how I fixed them:
It’s the next thing I want to try. It looks like either wxPython or PyQT is my best bet. GUI Programming with Python: QT Edition is a book about using PyQT, while Building a basic GUI application step-by-step in Python with Tkinter and wxPython is about wxPython Meanwhile, ShowMeDo is Python’s list of tutorials, which […]
One hour after I started, the bare bones are already up and running: github.com/kyl191/mp4dedup Mainly because I read up a lot during the day, so I understood exactly what I had to do. And with that, sleep time.
TL;DR: I have a bunch of MP4 video files that have identical content, but the internal metadata differs. I’m writing a Python function/module/program that’ll strip out the metadata, so hashing functions can find the duplicates.